Brennan Ieyoub is the new video editor and community manager for Flagship Studios. Our interview with Brennan Ieyoub is one of the first of our “Know Your Devs” series of interviews.
1. For the people reading this interview, could you tell us your name and a little about you?
Howdy, my name is Brennan Ieyoub, the new Community Manager over at Flagship Studios. I’ve been working in the games industry for nearly three years now. Prior to working at Flagship I was Lead Video Producer over at IGN Entertainment, and prior to IGN I was working as a Freelance Film Editor in Hollywood.
2. What was it that sparked your interest in the game industry?
I’ve always been a big gamer and have followed the industry closely since my NES days.
3. What was your major(s) in College and where did you go?
I was a Journalism major at LSU (born and raised in Louisiana), but left school to take a job at Sony Pictures in Culver City, CA. Film is where my heart is, and I’ll be undertaking a lot of video production related duties here at Flagship.
4. Did Ivan make you join Flagship or did you join on your own steam?
Ivan has a way with subtly coercing people into doing what he wants. Like when he locked me in a room and started filling it with carbon monoxide until I agreed to leave IGN and work for Flagship.
5. Coke or Pepsi?
6. A lot of people are curious as to what you actually do for Flagship, could you give us some specific duties you do?
Well I’m still pretty new here and getting up to speed with the game and such. Primarily I’ll be focusing on video production and community work, but people here at Flagship wear many hats, so we’ll see what happens down the line.
7. How long have you been working in/around the game industry?
8. Did you grow up wanting to work around games, or did it sort of slap you in the face and liked it?
I always wanted to participate in the games industry.
9. What would you say your favorite games are of all time?
Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Final Fantasy 7, Half-Life, X-Com, Deus-Ex, and many more.
10. I know you haven’t been with Flagship long, but what’s the funniest thing you’ve seen/done in the office so far? Ivan/Pat/Lee falling asleep was pretty good, anything top that?
Last Friday Ivan, Pat and I were leaving the office to go see Zodiac when Pat decided it would be funny to kick Ivan square in the nuts before he boarded the elevator. He was right…it was funny…for Pat and I.
11. Avalon or Jessica?
Jessica. Avalon has been around the block one too many times.
12. Thanks a ton for doing this interview with us! We’re glad to see that Flagship is constantly expanding! Is there anything you’d like to say or announce?
Thanks for your support guys! I’m looking forward to working closely with the community to make Hellgate an amazing gaming experience.
Hellgate Guru thanks Taylor “Krazy Kaution” Balbi for conducting the interview and for getting the whole thing started!