4 different types of crafting components exist in common and rare quality to a total of 8 crafting components. Components can stack up to 9999 within a single slot.
- Scrap Materials: Scrap materials are used by every faction for the purpose of crafting and upgrading equipment. Scrap materials can be attained from gear of any kind.
- Blessed Shards: Blessed Shards are attained through dismantling equipment worn by the Templar faction. They are used in the process of creating and upgrading Templar gear.
- Runic Fragments: Runic Fragments are extracted from dismantled Cabalist gear and are used in the creation and upgrading of equipment of their faction.
- Tech Components: Tech Components come from gear equipped by Hunters and are used to upgrade or create of new Hunter equipment.
The Augmentrex 3000 provides the user with the ability to upgrade a piece of equipment with a random attribute. The amount of Palladium needed to apply the upgrade is equivalent to the quality of the added attribute and the rarity of the designated item. Each weapon may only have the equivalent of three common attributes. Rare attributes count as two, and legendary attributes count as three. The Augmentrex 3000 can be located in various safe zones throughout London.
The basic formula for the costs:
- Common attribute: Itemlvl * 100
- Rare attribute: Itemlvl * 400
- Legendary attribute: Itemlvl * 1600
Present in most safe zones, the NanoForge is a device that provides you with the ability to upgrade your existing weapon, armor, or shield with salvaged components. To begin the upgrade process, simply interact with a NanoForge and place your equipment into the designated slot. You will then be shown the components you require in order to perform the upgrade. Simply add the required components into the designated slots and confirm the upgrade. Any additional components will be safely returned to your inventory.
Informal research has shown that upgraded weapons have their offense rating improved by ~10 per upgrade, and upgraded armor tends to have an improved shield value by ~2 per upgrade.
Craftsmen are non-player characters (NPCs) that allow you to craft items and equipment with salvaged components. The items that you have the option to craft are randomly generated when you enter a safe zone. It is not possible to craft consumables like health injectors. The quality of crafted items only vary from common to legendary, with unique items unavailable for crafting. The components needed to craft an item naturally depends on the quality of the aforementioned item.
Some weapons can have mods added to them. This only works if they have mod slots. Mods are divided into 6 different types: Relics, Batteries, Fuels, Techs, Ammo, and Rockets. They enhance your weapon. It cab be anything from adding a chance for a spell to trigger on hit, or increasing your overall damage. The power of mods should not be underestimated and make sure to use an slots available. Remember to watch what itemlvl the mod fits into, if its not within the mods range you cant put it into your weapon.